Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Timely Devotion

Have you ever read something in your quiet time and think, boy, that's exactly what I needed!  This morning I was reading from my favorite devotional, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  The devotional was so applicable to where my family and I are right now.

Paraphrased and summarized. . . Be willing to go out on a limb with Me.  If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be.  You are approaching a crossroads in your journey.  In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.  If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid.  As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go.

Wow!  Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. . .If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be.  How many times has God asked you to do something and it seems so strange that you think, nah, He didn't really say that?  The safest place to be is in the middle of His will.  In the middle.  Not on the edge.  With the calling He has placed on our lives to pack up and move to another ministry in another country, I don't want to be any other place other than in the middle of His will. 

The closing verse to this devotion comes from John 12:26, Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.  My Father will honor the one who serves me.

It's time to serve with all your heart.  Go where He is leading.  Don't look back.  Don't be afraid.  Go to another country, learn another foreign language, learn new cultures, minister to those who have never heard of Me.  Look up and enjoy the peace of being exactly where I want you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment